Articles and Journal Publications
- Ongoma V., Mwangi, P.M., “The loss of vegetation is creating a dangerous heat island over Nairobi”, The Conversation, (2020, December 8), https://theconversation.com/the-loss-of-vegetation-is-creating-a-dangerousheat-island-over-nairobi-150622
- Mwangi, P.M., Karanja, F.N., Kamau, P.K., and Letema, S.C., “Impact of Urban Forms on 3D Built-Up Intensity Expansion Rate from Aerial StereoImagery”, ISPRS Annals of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, vol. 4, no. 1, 2020, pp. 203-208.
- Mwangi, P.M., Karanja, F.N., and Kamau, P.K., “Analysis of the Relationship between Land Surface Temperature and Vegetation and Built-Up Indices in Upper-Hill, Nairobi”, Journal of Geoscience and Environment Protection, vol. 6, no. 1, 2018, pg. 1-16.
- Wayumba, R., Mwangi, P., and Chege, P., “Application of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles in Improving Land Registration in Kenya,” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Science (IJRES), vol. 5, no. 5, 2017, pp. 05-11. Conference Papers (Abstract-Reviewed)
- Mwangi, P.W., “Analyzing the Spatial Relationship between Building Volumes and Land Surface Temperature in Upper-Hill, Nairobi, Kenya,” Proceedings of 38th Annual Scientific and Technical Conference of the DGPF and PFGK18 Conference in Munich, Germany, Mar. 6-9, 2018, vol. 27, pp. 691-700.
- “Impact of Urban Forms on 3D Built-Up Intensity Expansion Rate from Aerial StereoImagery,” XXIV ISPRS Congress 2020, Date.31st Aug.-2 nd Sept. 2020
Conferences/ Workshops/ Proffessional Development Training
- July 2019- IFRA Conference on “Sustainable Urban Development “ in Nairobi
- March 2019- DAAD Alumni Conference on “Young Scholars in Africa – Challenges and Opportunities” in Nairobi
- Nov 2018- MAWAZO & DAAD retreat on ” Women in Academia and Research Leadership Training” in Nairobi
- March 2018- German Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Conference in Munich, Germany
- July 2017- NACOSTI & RESTEC workshop on “Utilization of Space Technology” in Nairobi
- Nov 2016- International training workshop on “Addressing Climate Change using Satellite Application Technology” in Beijing, China