Dr. Bula is the current departmental Examination’s coordinator for Business Administration department. She also lectures in the school of Business .She holds a PhD degree in Business Administration and Management from Dedan Kimathi University of Technology(DeKUT) , an MBA(HRM) degree and B.ED ,Business studies and Secretarial degree from Kenyatta University. She has a wealth of experience in teaching, and consultancy and is also a research enthusiast who has done empirical studies in entrepreneurship and human resource management.
Dr. Bula is well published in the field of Human Resources Management and Entrepreneurship. She is currently the publishing editor for Doctoral Association of Eastern Africa and a blind peer reviewer of Horizons Consulting Corporation, USA journal and International Journal of Business Management (IBME).
Dr. Bula has been very instrumental in curriculum development and harmonization of various universities where she has worked. Recent curriculum development at Kenyatta University has been for Doctor of Business Administration program in 2013; harmonization of Bachelor of Human Resource Management, 2014 Bachelor of Supplies Management,2014, Harmonization of units across semesters in the Department of Business Administration in 2013.
1. Effects of Conflict Resolution on Performance of Public Hospitals in Kenya : A case of Thika Level 5 Hospital. 2014
2. Marketing strategies of Commercial Fish Farming Under Economic Stimulus Programme…2014
3. Effect of Performance Appraisal on Organizational performance(An Empirical Study of Goal Setting on Organizational Performance in Muranga Water and Sanitation Companies, Kenya.2013
4. Challenges of Talent Management and Performance of Kenya Broadcasting Corporation.2013.
5. Performance of Women Entrepreneurs in Small Businesses: Marital Status and family Characteristics.2012
6. Women Entrepreneurs: A demographic perspective.2012
7. Empirical Analysis of Technology & Innovation against performance of Women in SSEs in Urban Kenya. 2012
8. The Enterprise characteristics and Performance of Women Entrepreneurs in Urban Kenya: Small Scale Enterprises (SSEs) -Ph.D. Thesis. 2012.
9. Entrepreneurship Scorecard and Performance of women Entrepreneurs. 2012
10. Causes of Labor Turnover in Kenya’s Sugar Industry (2005), a case study of selected firms at SONY Sugar Company in Nyanza, Muhoroni Sugar Company and Miwani Sugar Company.MBA Project. 2006
Published Journals Articles and Books
1. Bula H. (2015).Doctoral Association of Eastern Africa April Newsletter-A monthly Publication. What do Universities do-Educate or train?.www.docaea.org……….April 2015pdf
2. Mutambuki M and Bula H.(2014) Marketing strategies of Commercial Fish Farming Under Economic Stimulus Programme…..www.ijhssmet.com/journalsVol 4 No 8 1 June….12.pdf
3. Bula H.Tiagha E. and Waiguchu M.(2014)Entrepreneurship Scorecard and Performance of women Entrepreneurs. Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. (IJHSS).
4. Bula H. and Njeri J.(2014)Challenges of Talent Management and Performance of Kenya Broadcasting Corporation Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. (IJHSS).
5. Bula H.(2012)Performance of Women Entrepreneurs in Small Businesses: Marital Status and family Characteristics. International Institute of Science and Technology (IISTE) publication in the journal of European and business Management. Vol.4 N0.7 May, 2012.
6. Bula H.(2012)Labor Turnover in the Sugar industry in Kenya. International Institute of Science and Technology (IISTE) publication in the journal of European and business Management. Vol.4. No. 9, July, 2012.
7. Bula H.(2012)Evolution of Entrepreneurship Theories: A critical review of literature in Kenya’s perspective. International Journal of Business and Commerce.Vol. 4 June 2012.
8. Bula H.(2012)Entrepreneurship Development Culture and Practices. International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Engineering.(IJETEA).Vol.1 July, 2012
9. Bula H.Tiagha E. and Waiguchu M Women Entrepreneurs: A demographic perspective. International Institute of Science and Technology (IISTE) publication in the journal of European and business Management.
Vol. 4. 9,July, 2012.
10. Bula H.Tiagha E. and Waiguchu M A book titled “Women Entrepreneurs in Kenya’s firms: A demographic Perspective Lambert Academic Publishing.2012
Seminars and Literary Work Participation
1.March 2015 Digital and E-Learning Training Kenyatta University ICT Laboratory.
2.2014 e learning course Kenyatta University
3.2013 Smart Board Training at Kenyatta University Ole Moyoi(OML)
4.2013: Library Literacy information at KU Post Modern Library
5.May, 2013 Case study writing workshop and seminar, Kenyatta University, Business centre.
6.June, 2013. Teaching methodology by Centre for Teaching and Research Excellence- Kenyatta University Business centre
7.May 11th-15th 2013 National Council for Science and technology Conference at May 13th to 17th 2013, KICC, Nairobi-Kenya
8.October 13th to 14th 2011-7th ORSEA conference at KICC, Nairobi, Kenya Delegate on women entrepreneurs: presented a paper on Women Entrepreneurs.
9. June 14th to 15th 2012 Rift Valley Technical Institute conference at RVTTI Eldoret Kenya.Delegate on women entrepreneurs: presented a paper on Women Entrepreneurs and Entrepreneurship Scorecard.
10.May 13th to 17th 2013-2nd National Council for Science and Technology conference atKICC, Nairobi, Kenya. Delegate on Technology and Innovation.
11.Consultant for African Virtual University. 2014
12.5th January 2015 Grant Proposal Africa Journal of Management. University linkage and performance of small and medium enterprises in East Africa: A Balanced Scorecard approach. AJOM ,GIZ.
• Effects of Conflict Resolution on Performance of Public Hospitals in Kenya : A case of Thika Level 5 Hospital. Approved for publishing
• Effect of Performance Appraisal on Organizational performance(An Empirical Study of Goal Setting on Organizational Performance in Muranga Water and Sanitation Companies, Kenya). Approved for publishing
• Empirical Analysis of Technology & Innovation against performance of Women in SSEs in Urban Kenya. Approved for publishing
• Innovation and Vision 2030
• Innovation capability- A Kenyan perspective
• Success of Small Scale Enterprises
• Cracking the glass ceiling
• Women breaking barriers- a title of a book in progress.
• Women beyond the horizons – a title of a book in progress.
• 2014 – Vice Chancellor’s Award: Received Kenyatta University Extra-mile Award, in recognition of her outstanding Service to the University as Departmental Examination Coordinator
• 2014-) Examination Coordinator No 1 -Performance Contract, Kenyatta University QMS Ranking 2014.
•A publishing editor with Doctoral Association of East Africa-2015
•An Alumni member of Dedan Kimathi University of Technology-2013
•An Associate member of Kenya Institute of Management (KIM)-2008
•An Alumni member of Kenyatta Universit- 2007 Community Work
•Education Director –Sports view SDA church-Kasarani Nairobi
•Participation in Development activities -Nyahera Church-Gendia