Mr. Ndede. F.W. Shikuku is the immediate former Chairman of the Department of Accounting and Finance in the School of Business, Kenyatta University. Earlier, he was the Chairman of the Department of Business Studies in the school of Education, Kenyatta University. Before Mr. Ndede was the examinations coordinator in the same Department of Business Studies.
He is a holder of Master of Commerce from Poona University, B.Com (Accounting and Finance) from Rani Durgavaty University (Jabalpur) and a Certificate in PR from the University of Nairobi. Mr. Ndede is currently pursuing PhD in Finance at Kenyatta University, Nairobi. He is a member of the Non-Fiction Authors’ Association and an Associate member (AMKIM) of the Kenya Institute of Management (KIM).
In addition to teaching and research, Mr. Ndede is also involved with postgraduate supervision of Master of Science (Finance) and MBA (Finances) as well as Internal Examination and Case Writing.
Publications on Refereed Journals
Waswa, C. W., Ndede, F. S., and Jagongo, A 2014. “Empirical Analysis Of Determinants of Dividend Payout of Agricultural Firms Listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.”, International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 5, No. 11(1),ISSN 2219-2021
- Matete, J.K, Ndede, F.S, and Jagongo A. (PhD), Factors Affecting Pricing of Loanable Funds by Commercial Banks in Kenya International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 5, No. 7; June 2014
Conferences /Workshops attended
- 2013: Teaching Methodology and Evaluation workshop; by the Center for Teaching Excellence and Evaluation, Kenyatta University.
- 2012: Open Access and Institutional Repository Workshop at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies 29th and 30th August, 2012.
- 2011: Workshop on Entrepreneurship for Agribusiness and Trade in Hargeisa, Somaliland on 1st and 2nd February 2011
- Titles of the presented papers: 1. Financial Management
2. Book-keeping and accounting
- 2011: Kenyatta University Leadership Orientation Workshop 29th and 30th March, 2011 at Utali Hotel.
- 2010: Management of University Departments at the School of Monetary Studies in Nairobi, Kenya on 8th- 10th September, 2010.
- 2007: International Conference on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) at the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise development (CEED), Kenyatta University, on 14 - 16th November 2007.
- 2006: Case writing workshop- Richard Ivey School of Business. The University of Western Ontario.
- 2005: Teaching with cases workshop-Richard Ivey School of Business. The university of Western Ontario.
- 2000: Public Relations Strategic Seminar Nairobi. A workshop for middle level Management for Jaribu Credit Traders.
- 2000: Kenya Institute of Management Public Relationship Budget Seminar at Nairobi Safari Club, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2000: Financial Management for SACCO Societies. Optimum Management Institute Nairobi. Ngong Hills Hotel, Nairobi.
- 1999: Financial Management Workshop for publishers. Kenya Publishers Association Workshop Lake Nakuru Lodge, Kenya.
- 1999: Financial Management for pre-primary Institutions managers. Kenyatta University, Nairobi.
- 1998: Effective Management of Examinations Workshop: Lillian Towers, Nairobi, Kenya, on 22nd Aug.-29th Aug. 1998, organized by Kenya Institute of Management (KIM).
- 1988: Role of Auditing in Public Sector – Ministry of Finance workshop. Kenyatta International Conference Centre, Nairobi.
- 1987: Inaugural Workshop for the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries (ISPK), Kenya Institute of Administration, Nairobi.
Master of Science Supervision(complete)
- 2014: Tuigong Wilson Kibet “An Investigation into the Effects of Dividend Policy on Share Price of Firms Listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Kenya.”
- 2014: Kavoya, J. Musyoka. “The Effect of Market Structure on Level of Non-Performing Loans Among Commercial Banks in Kenya’.
- 2013: Matete J.K, Factors Affecting Pricing of Loanable Funds by Commercial Banks in Kenya.
- 2012: Mr. Kubasu Upungu Alex. “Factors Affecting the Adoption of Technological Innovation by Commercial Banks In Kenya.”
- 2012: Mr. Calistus Wekesa Waswa. “Empirical Analysis of Determinants of Dividend Payout of Agricultural Firms Listed On The Nairobi Security Exchange.”
1. 2009, Public health and livelihood
2. 2009, Student faculty advisor Kenya