- Pat-time PhD Finance
- Part-time PhD Accounting
- Part-time MSc Finance
- Part-time MBA Finance
The department offers two unique study areas leading to
- Bachelor of Commerce Accounting Option
- Bachelor of Commerce Finance Option
In any of the two options, students will be required to take:
- University required units
- School required units
- Required units for each option and
- Electives for each option.
For a student to graduate, he/she should have taken and passed the required number of units – 14 units in year one, 12 units in year two, three and four.
Bachelor of Commerce is a popular degree programme with a wide variety of choices in career.
The general career choices if you have a degree in accounting are public, private, governmental/non-profit concerns or professional accounting firm.
A career in finance is not all about money but close to it. Some of the common career paths one can pursue in the financial services industry include.
- Corporate finance/financial management
- Money and capital markets
- Training and Consultancy.
The Department encourages students to enhance their careers by undertaking training with professional bodies such as CPA, ACCA and CFA. Those with such qualifications are allowed credit waivers up-to six units on admission.